Friday, May 27, 2005

I've always been kind of opposed

To Hillary Clinton, Presidential Candidate, but that's dissipated to the point that I really don't care anymore.

I think it is for a few reasons.

First, I miss Bubba.

Second, I thought that during her husband's years, especially the first term, she had some poor political judgement, but I think she has learned, and its pretty apparent the media just takes off the gloves for Democrats and sticks their thumbs up their asses for Republicans.

Third, after watching what they did to Kerry last year, I realized the right-wing will play incredibly dirty no matter who the candidate is, and frankly the stuff on Hillary has all been run through. I think they drug her through the mud so much, she's virtually unaffected by their screams.

There are still other candidates I would prefer over her, but I think it is pretty evident that she is not a sure loser and polarizing figure anymore. This poll from yesterday's USA Today backs this notion up.

For the first time, a majority of Americans say they are likely to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton if she runs for president in 2008, according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday.

No comments: