Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shoot The Messenger

I mean to write about this when I first went, but time got away from me. Anyway ...

Lizz Winstead -- she of "The Daily Show" and "Air America" before it totally sucked -- has a new project. It's called "Shoot The Messenger" and it's a live sketch comedy that spoofs 24-hour cable news networks. The "Shoot" people go after them all. You get the deceit of Fux, the dunderheadedness of CNN, and everything in between.

The show's live every Monday at the Ace of Clubs Caberet in NYC (downstairs from Acme Bar & Grill). The first night was sort of rocky, but I have a feeling it will tighten up and get better as it goes along. I saw Rachel Maddow of AAR fame there and she is just cute as a button.

So if you're in New York and looking for somethign to do on a Monday evening, check it out. And be sure to try the pecan pie upstairs. A friend of mine makes it and it's delish!

No comments: