Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When does he start to do the "Bob Hope Walk On?"

Well McCain went on Leno (known to we Letterman fans as "that hump" Leno) and the macro was hit:


Leno: "For a million dollars, how many houses do you have?"

McCain: "Could I just mention to you, Jay, that, at a moment of seriousness. I spent five-and-a-half years in a prison cell. I didn't have a house. I didn't have a kitchen table. I didn't have a table. I didn't have a chair...


Apparently that is McCain's 13th visit to "The Tonight Show", a dozen times more than the man he accuses of being a "celebrity", Barack Obama. I'm just glad the Democrats aren't nominating Joan Embery of the San Diego Zoo.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "Noun, verb, POW" when we go back into McCain's early years:


Admiral John Sidney McCain, Jr.: Johnny, I've looked at your class standing at the Naval Academy and I'm afraid a rank of 894 out of 899 is not likely to get you into flight school. I suggest you prepare yourself for the black-shoe Navy.

Midshipmen McCain: Aw, gee 'my Dad', don't you remember when I was six and you grounded me for five and a half days. 'My Dad', how am I expected to finish middle of the pack with that kind of baggage?

Admiral John Sidney McCain Jr.: Okay, Johnny, I'll make some phone calls. And just 'Dad' is fine.


[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

No comments: