Monday, March 30, 2009

Only about a decade behind the internets

I've found that the best use of my Netflix account is to rent documentaries. I'm not the world's biggest movie guy, like them, just don't obsess over them. Same way about music.

And lately, I've been on a David Attenborough jag. Watched all of the Life of Mammals and am now half-way through the Life of Birds. Now anyone who has seen these shows already knows that in the latter, there is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen or heard involving the "Superb Lyre Bird" a native of Australia. But, like I said, I'm a decade behind -- and I know this, not only because this show is about a decade or more old, but this youtube clip has been seen about 3 million times when you add up all the various submissions.

Nevertheless, for those of you who haven't seen it, watch this, it is like nothing you've ever seen or heard -- especially if you are a decade behind the times -- aka living in Iowa.



Kind of sad though that the bird was mimicking chain saws and car alarms -- and indication its patch of forest was getting a lot smaller than it used to be.

No comments: