Tuesday, August 25, 2009

res' book bag

These columns are so stupid. Here's what I am currently reading.* What does the list say about me?
  1. Citizens: A Chronicle of the French Revolution by Simon Schama
  2. The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York, by Robert Caro
  3. Drums Along the Mohawk, by Walter D. Edmonds
  4. The three most recent issues of The New Yorker
  5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Ordinarily I don't read five things at once, but the first two books are huge, and because I can't take them on the train, I read them in the morning at home. Drums and the magazines I take on the train. Guernsey is for before bed. I'm also not giving myself a week to read them. No way Obama is reading all that stuff in a week and playing golf.

By the way, Drums is really good. Actually, they're all kind of great.

No comments: