Friday, March 11, 2011

Attaturk's Law!

Perhaps someone else already coined this, but if not, I'll claim it for my pseudonym.

Looking at the video of Japan and seeing people standing around on bridges and buildings as the tsunami rushes by them I realize this.

The better the warning system of a nation, the more idiots will rush out into danger hoping to capture the event for YouTube or their Facebook accounts.


In the midwest we call this the Tornado Warning Effect.

Relationship Status: Dead...but single.

8 comments:

StonyPillow said...

I got smacked in the noggin once by a golf ball-sized hailstone hoping to see a tornado. Didn't knock any sense into me far as I can tell. Still haven't seen one.

Raoul Paste said...

Natural selection?

pansypoo said...

we have to eliminate the stupid somehow.

Anonymous said...

live life to the max!
here in tornado alley
its the spring twister
dares we take that support
of strong family values
keeps the herd intact.
vox

Attaturk said...

The tornado was coming
But it worried me not
For I lived in a house
Not a motor home lot.

Jack K. said...

...I'll give some of them a pass, in part because I don't know where exactly they were and in part because some portions of the Honshu coast only had minutes of notice between the earthquake and the tsunami. Sometimes your only choice is to watch the oncoming fate that awaits you because there isn't time to try to avoid it...

On the other hand, 5 people along the southern Orygun/Northern Cali coast were swept into the water by tsunami waves they came to watch, even after several hours of 'don't go near the water' warnings. Four of them are still alive through no fault of their own...

Anonymous said...

the turk doth rhyme well and captures that self centered smug shrug very well.
similar pass - to a victim of lung disease the nonsmoker probes "did you smoke?"
vox

jAMIE said...

Ataturk's Law 1.0

http://www.slideshare.net/adel954/ataturk-marriage-law-in-turkish-republic